Works by Author - Kim Mills, Ph.D.
2001, Assistant Professor, Computer & Information Technologies. Cornell University, B.S. State University College of Environmental Science & Forestry, M.L.A., Ph.D.
- G. Fox and K. Mills. Web Technologies and the Potential for Innovation in Distance Education. International Journal of Modern Physics C, Vol. 8, No.1.
- G. Fox and K. Mills. Opportunities for HPCC Use in Industry: Opportunities for a New Software Industry. Chapter in Parallel Programming: Paradigms and Applications. Chapman and Hall Publishers, London. U.K. A. Zomayae ed.
- K. Mills and G. Fox. InfoMall: An Innovative Strategy for High-Performance Computing and Communications Applications Development. Internet Research Electronic Networking: Research, Applications, and Policy. Vol 4. No. 1, Spring 1994. 31-44.
- 1993. K. Droegemeier, M. Xue, K. Johnson, M. O'Keefe, A. Sawdey, G. Sabot, S. Wholey, K. Mills, and N.T. Lin. Weather Prediction: A Scalable Storm-Scale Model. Chapter in High Performance Computing, Problem Solving with Parallel and Vector Architectures. G. Sabot, editor. Addison-Wesley Publishers. November, 1993. pp 46-86.
- K. Mills, F. Csillag, and M. Kaddoura. GORDIUS: A Data Parallel Algorithm for Spatial Data Conversion. Computers & Geosciences. Vol. 19, No. 7, pp. 1051-1063.
- K. Mills, G. Fox, and R. Heimbach. Implementing an Intervisibility Analysis Model on a Parallel Computing System. Computers & Geosciences. Vol. 18, No. 8, pp. 1047-1054.
- K. Droegemeier, M. Xue, K. Johnson, K. Mills, and M. O'Keefe. Experiences with the Scalable-Parallel ARPS Cloud/Mesoscale Prediction Model on Massively Parallel and Clustered-Workstation Architectures. Parallel Supercomputing in Atmospheric Science. Invited paper for the Fifth Workshop on Use of Parallel Processors in Meteorology. G.R. Hoffman and T. Kauranne, Eds., World Scientific Publishing, 99-129.
- K. Mills. Security Practices for Small Business Owners. New York Financial Planners Association. Syracuse, NY. June 1, 2005.
- Invited Judge. Capstone Business Plan Competition. School of Management Program in Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises. Syracuse University. December 2, 2005.
- F. Paine, K. Mills. SUNY CIT 2005, Binghamton NY. Extending the Classroom into the Business Community.
- Coleman Foundation Elevator Speech Competition (team member). US Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship. January 18-20. 2004 Dallas, Texas
- Invited Judge. Capstone Business Plan Competition. School of Management Program in Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises. Syracuse University. December 4, 2003.
- K. Mills. Experiences Using Business Management Teams in an E-Commerce Classroom. State University of New York Computing & Instructional Technologies Conference. Potsdam, NY, May 20-23.
- Invited Judge. Capstone Business Plan Competition. School of Management Program in Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises. Syracuse University. December 5,6 2002.
- K. Mills, D. Rogers. Skill Sets of E-Commerce Workers. Electronic Business Conference. November 8, 2001. Onondaga Community College.
- K. Mills. Software Pricing Models. Central New York Regional Software Roundtable. November 20, 2000. Syracuse, New York
- K. Mills. Your First $150,000 of Financing. Workshop on financing technology-based businesses. Fourth Annual Technology Forum and Enterprise Awards for Technology. May 20, 1997. Syracuse, NY
- K. Mills. The Technological Aspects of the Living Schoolbook. Collaboration for High-Performance Computing and Communication in Schools. April 9, 1996. American Education Research Association 1996 Annual Meeting. New York, NY.
- K. Mills. Distance Education on a Global Information Infrastructure. Canadian National Testbed Network Meeting. January 24, 1996. Toronto.
- G. Fox, K. Hawick, K. Mills, Hon-Wah Yau. The Electronic InfoMall-HPCN Enabling Industry and Commerce. Europe HPCN '95 (The International Conference on High Performance Computing and Networking, 1995.) Milan, Italy. May 3-5, 1995.
- 1995. K. Mills, G. Fox, B. Shelly, S. Bossert. The Living Textbook: An Application of Information on Demand in Education. National Educational Computing Conference '95. pp. 64-67. Baltimore, MD. June, 1995.
- K. Mills, P. Coddington, G. Fox, B. Mihalas, M. Podgorny, S. Bossert, B. Shelly. The Living Schoolbook: Interactive Multimedia on Demand for K-12 Education. ACM/IEEE Supercomputing ‘95. Koraba and Brown. eds. p. 8.
- K. Mills and B. Shelly. A Collaboration to Apply Advanced Information Technologies in Education. Syracuse Center for Computational Science 742. National Educational Computing Conference '96. Minneapolis, MN. June, 1996.
- K. Mills, G. Fox, P. Coddington, B. Mihalas, M. Podgorney, B. Shelly, S. Bossert. The Living Textbook and the K-12 Classroom of the Future. SuperComputing '95. San Diego, CA. December, 1995.
- K. Mills, S. Bossert. A Demonstration of Advanced Telecommunications Technology in Education. New York State Legislature, Albany, NY. May 17, 1995.
- G. Fox and K. Mills. Information Processing and Opportunities for HPCC Use in Industry. Number 796 in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, New York. pp. 1-14. Proceedings Europe HPCN '94 (The International Conference on European High Performance Computing and Networking , 1994). Munich, Germany. April 1994.
- K. Mills. Information on Demand Applications and Technologies. Commercial Applications of Parallel Processing CAPPS '94. October 18, 1994. Austin, Texas.
- 1994. E. Liddy, M. Eisenberg, C. McClure, K. Mills, S. Mernit, J. Luckett. Research Agenda for the Digital Library. Proceedings of Digital Libraries '94. The First Annual Conference on the Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries. June 19-21, 1994. College Station, Texas. pp. 12-20.
- K. Mills. Information on Demand Technologies and the National Information Infrastructure. Supercomputing Symposium '94. Toronto, Ontario. June 6-8, 1994
- K. Mills and G. Fox. HPCC Applications Development and Technology Transfer to Industry. in Postproceedings of The New Frontiers A Workshop on Future Directions of Massively Parallel Processing, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA.
- K. Mills. NASA High-Performance Computing and Four-Dimensional Data Assimilation. NASA Grand Challenges Project Review. NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. November 3, 1993.
- K. Mills. Parallel Programming Paradigms: Working Group Report. Workshop and Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications. Grand Challenge Applications and Software Technology May 4-7, 1993. Pittsburgh, PA.
- K. Mills. Financial Modeling Applications and the Financial Services Industry: The Emerging Technology of Massively Parallel Processing. Digital Equipment Corporation Application Center for Technology. New York, NY. December 3, 1992.
- G. Cheng, Y. Lu, G. Fox, K. Mills, T. Haupt. An Interactive Remote Visualization Environment for an Electromagnetic Scattering Simulation on a High Performance Computing System. Supercomputing '93. pp. 317-426.
Authors, creators, publishers, or editors of creative works should contact the library to be listed in the Morrisville Authors collection. Alumni should contact the Alumni Office.
Library Contact Information
Morrisville State College
P.O. Box 902
Morrisville, NY 13408
Alumni Contact Information
101 Bailey Hall
Morrisville State College
Morrisville, New York 13408
Can't Find What You Need?