Works by Author - George Satterfield, Ph.D.
2001, Assistant Professor, Social Science. University of Illinois, B.S., M.A., Ph.D.
Articles and Book Chapters
- George Satterfield, "A Bibliographic Guide to Logistics in Western Warfare from Ancient Greece to the Vietnam Conflict." In Feeding Mars: Essays in Logistics and Resource Mobilization in Western Warfare from the Middle Ages to the Present. Edited by John A. Lynn. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1993.
- George Satterfield, "Mozart's Vienna," Calliope Magazine, December 2002.
- George Satterfield, "Glory Restrained," Calliope Magazine, April 2002.
- George Satterfield, "Süleyman the Magnificent", The Encyclopedia of Leadership. Edited by James MacGregor Burns, George R. Goethals, and Georgia J. Sorenson. Great Barrington, MA: Berkshire Publishing,(forthcoming).
- George Satterfield, "The Sun King's Wars: Why So Many?" Calliope Magazine, April 2002.
- George Satterfield, "A Time for Love," Calliope Magazine, April 2004.
- George Satterfield, "Waterloo," Calliope Magazine, April, 2004.
Conference Papers Presented
- John A. Lynn and George Satterfield, A Guide to Sources in Early Modern Military History in Midwestern Research Libraries. 2nd edition. Urbana: ACDIS, 1991.
- George Satterfield, Princes, Posts and Partisans: The Army of Louis XIV and Partisan Warfare in the Netherlands, 1673-1678 (Leiden: Brill, 2003).
- 2nd Annual Annapolis Naval History Symposium (7-8 April 2005): "The Year after the Disaster Year: The Failure of the Anglo-French Invasion Plan Against the Netherlands, 1673."
- American Association of Community Colleges Project: Exploring America's Communities: In Quest of Common Ground. Conference held at Washington DC (April 1996) (Presented project action plan to organizers from National Endowment for the Humanities).
- Southern Historical Association Conference at Louisville, Kentucky (October 1994): "The Art of War on the Down Side of the Military Revolution."
- Sixteenth Century Studies Conference at St. Louis, Missouri (December 9-11, 1993): "The Art of War on the Down Side of the Military Revolution."
- Western Society for French History at Missoula, Montana (October 13-16, 1993): "The Sun King's Partisans: A Seventeenth Century Military Subculture."
- Theatrum Militarum, Conference in Military History at Ohio State University (May 14-15, 1993): "The Sun King's Partisans: A Seventeenth Century Military Subculture."
Authors, creators, publishers, or editors of creative works should contact the library to be listed in the Morrisville Authors collection. Alumni should contact the Alumni Office.
Library Contact Information
Morrisville State College
P.O. Box 902
Morrisville, NY 13408
Alumni Contact Information
101 Bailey Hall
Morrisville State College
Morrisville, New York 13408
Can't Find What You Need?