Works by Author - Jamie King
2004, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science. Syracuse University, MS. SUNY Cortland, B.S.
- Students' Use of Function Ideas in Out-of-School Mathematics. K. Jamie King (April, 1996). Paper presented at New York, NY, Annual Conference of the American Educational Research Association.
- Middle School Students Out-of-School Mathematics Practice. K. Jamie King (October, 1995). Paper presented at Syracuse, NY, New York State Graduate Mathematics Education Research Conference.
Contributor to Textbooks
- Doerr, H. M., & King, K. J. (2004). A work in progress: The challenges of change in secondary mathematics teaching. In D. E. McDougall & J. A. Ross (Eds.), Proceedings of the Twenty-sixth Annual Meeting of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (Vol. 3, pp. 1319-1327). Toronto: OISE/UT.
- Doerr, H. M., & King, K. J. (2003). Teaching in a different direction. In L. Bragg, C. Campbell, G. Herbert, & J. Mousley (Eds.), Mathematics Education Research: Innovation, Networking, Opportunity (Proceedings of the 26th Annual Conference of the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia, Melbourne, pp. 254-261). Melbourne Australia: MERGA.
- King, Jamie, & Masingila, Joanna (2002). Pedagogical content knowledge development of preservice secondary mathematics teachers. In B. Barton, K. C. Irwin, M. Pfannkuch, & M. O. J. Thomas (Eds.), Mathematics Education in the South Pacific (Proceedings of the 25th annual conference of the Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia, Auckland, pp. 382-389). Sydney, Australia: MERGA.
- Masingila, Joanna O., & King, K. Jamie (1997). Using ethnomathematics as a classroom tool. In J. Trentacosta and M. Kenney (Eds.), Multicultural and Gender Equity in the Mathematics Classroom, 1997 Yearbook of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. Reston, VA: NCTM.
- de Silva, Rapti, Masingila, Joanna, Sellmeyer, Nancy, & King, K. Jamie (April, 1997). Exploring multiple mathematical concepts within a single context. Paper presented at the RAC/SIG-RME Research Presession the Annual Meeting of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Masingila, Joanna O., & King, K. Jamie (April, 1996). Middle school students' use of function ideas in everyday mathematics. Paper presented at the RAC/SIG-RME Research Presession of the Annual Meeting of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, San Diego, California.
- Masingila, Joanna O., & King, K. Jamie (April, 1996). Middle school students' use of function ideas in everyday mathematics. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New York, New York.
- Masingila, Joanna O. (2000). Algebraic Operations and Functions. Boston, MA: Pearson Custom Publishing.
- Masingila, J.O. & Lester, F. (2001). Mathematics via Problem Solving. Needham, MA: Prentice Hall.
Authors, creators, publishers, or editors of creative works should contact the library to be listed in the Morrisville Authors collection. Alumni should contact the Alumni Office.
Library Contact Information
Morrisville State College
P.O. Box 902
Morrisville, NY 13408
Alumni Contact Information
101 Bailey Hall
Morrisville State College
Morrisville, New York 13408
Can't Find What You Need?