If Morrisville State College does not own materials needed by library users, the Interlibrary Loan Department will make every effort to get the materials from another library.
Making an Interlibrary Loan Request
- Interlibrary loan services are available to faculty, students, and staff of Morrisville State College as well as to local area residents who are not affiliated with other regional educational institutions.
- The ILLiad system allows users to request various library materials, check the status of these requests, and renew materials that have already been borrowed.
- A week to ten days is the average waiting period for requests to be filled, though some requests may be filled more quickly. The Morrisville State College library does not have control over delivery time of requests.
- Video: How to make an Interlibrary Loan Request
Using the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System
- The ILLiad system is used for interlibrary loan requests.
- New users must register to use ILLiad.
- Once registered, users may log in to ILLiad to request books, articles, and various other materials.
Receiving Loaned Materials
- Once the requested materials have arrived, an e-mail notifaction will be sent. Users may also log in to ILLiad to check the status of requests.
- If electronic delivery was selected, articles will be made available as downloadable PDF documents. Please note that Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view electronic documents.
- Electronic versions of articles are available for download for a limited time. Users should check their ILLiad account or e-mail after placing a request.
- Articles not available in electronic format are sent in paper format and may be picked up at the Circulation Desk at either the Morrisville Campus Library or the Norwich Campus Library.
- Articles obtained from Interlibrary loan (electronic or paper) may be kept by the user.
- Books and other materials have a due date set by the library loaning the materials. This due date will be on a slip attached to the requested materials.
Renewing Loaned Materials
- Borrowed materials may be renewed at the discretion of the loaning library.
- ILLiad may be used to request a renewal, provided the request is made before the original due date.
Can't Find What You Need?